About the role
Reporting to the National Compliance Manager, this role is responsible for leading the Group’s safety culture. In this role you will partner with key stakeholders to provide specialist advice and support on Health and Safety strategies for continuous improvement.
In this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Develop the HSE strategy and associated action plan in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Develop and maintain health and safety policies, procedures, and guidelines in accordance with legislative requirements and industry best practice.
- Partner with key stakeholders to provide expert advise and guidance on safety matters.
- Ensure HS requirements are monitored and maintained in accordance with relevant certified management systems (e.g. ISO 45001).
- Develop and enhance the safety capabilities of employees by providing training and development opportunities that upskill and increase the safety awareness of employees and managers.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections of offices and field audits and processes to identify potential risks and hazards.
- Conduct incident investigations and ensure corrective actions are assigned and closed out.
- Coordinate the Return to Work process for injured/ill employees.
- Undertake safety training and ensure compliance training is relevant and up to date.
- Promote continuous improvement in the use of HSE systems and tools.